ZF Meritor TransSoft is a diagnostic program for FreedomLine And SureShift Transmissions. The program is designed to assist in the repair of transmissions ZF Meritor LLC.
ZF Meritor TransSoft Diagnostic Software For FreedomLine And SureShift Transmissions
An adapter is a device that connects the TransSoft™ software program to the vehicle’s SAE J1587 and SAE J1939 diagnostics protocols. ZF Meritor requires that you select one of the following approved adapters before you use the program.
1. Snap-On’s Magikey PDM (Parallel Port Data Module) version 2.7.1 drivers or greater.
2. Noregon System’s DLA (Data Link Adapter) version 1.9.4 drivers or greater.
3. Noregon System’s PLC (Power Line Carrier Adapter) version 2.1 drivers or greater.
a. Some TransSoft™ functionality will be lost.
4. Dearborn System’s DPA (Dearborn Protocol Adapter) version 2.8 drivers or greater.
5. Cummins InLine Adapter II, version 7.24 drivers or greater.
6. Caterpillar Adapter, Version 2.22 drivers or greater.
– O.S.: Windows 2000; Windows XP; Windows Vista, Windows 7.
– CPU: Pentium/Athlon 1 GHz or higher
– RAM: 128 MB of system memory
– Hard Drive: 50 MB of available space
The transmission module of the TransSoftTM program is designed to assist the technician in repairing ZF Meritor LLC transmissions. The program performs the following tasks :
1. Displays active and inactive codes and displays troubleshooting, installation, and removal procedures by double-clicking on any code. Codes may be saved to a file for e-mailing or printed for faxing.
2. Provide multiple graphing options.
3. Create logged files for analysis of intermittent issues. These files may be e-mailed to the ArvinMeritor Customer Service Center for analysis. Call (800) 535-5560 for information.
4. Provide for real-time monitoring of all transmission parameters.
5. Allow for calibration changes. Calibration changes may be required should the engine make and model be altered, a PTO is installed, etc.
6. Allow for calibration verification. Programming information may be saved to file for e-mailing or printed for faxing.
The supported adapters are listed below:
– Noregon PLC – Version 2.5 drivers or greater
– Noregon DLA – Version 1.9.4 drivers or greater
– NEXIQ PDM – Version 2.7.1 drivers or greater
– Dearborn Group PDA Version – 2.8 drivers or greater
– Cummins InLine Adapter II – Version 4.06 drivers or greater
– Caterpillar Adapter – Version 2.2 drivers or greater
The Dearborn Adapter (DPA) was observed to fail during SureShift testing when bus loads reached typical in-vehicle levels.