This fault code sets when the engine oil pressure is less than a calibrated threshold.
Engine oil pressure.
TYPICAL ENABLING CONDITIONS:
1. Key on
2. Engine running
Continuous when enabling conditions are met.
2. Engine derate.
3. Engine shut down-calibration dependent.
Check at engine operating temperature.
NOTE: Whenever a low engine oil pressure is confirmed the crankshaft main bearings and rod bearings should be inspected for damage or excessive wear.
NOTE: If 100-1 and 100-3 are both active, work on repairing 100-3 first.
NOTE: If 100-1 and 100-4 are both active, work on repairing 100-4 first.
1. Low oil level, check system for leaks.
2. Oil level sensor connector/harness.
3. Oil level sensor.
4. Oil level pressure fluctuating.
5. High oil level, check for fuel or coolant entering oil system.
6. Oil pump suction pipe cracked or loose.
7. Oil pump drive and driven gear loose.
8. Faulty oil pressure relief valve